The basic function of this position is to manufacture and repair metal structures, tools, and equipment according to drawings/specifications. This position is also responsible for setting up components for quality-driven welding in an efficient, timely and safe manner to complete customer orders.
- Minimum of six-months of experience as a welder.
- Minimal experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to learn to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Ability and willingness to use personal protective equipment, (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest, and thorough.
- Quality conscious with the ability to meet our productivity goals.
- Eager to cooperate with others with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to change direction.
- Desire to positively motivate coworkers and team members.
- Minimal mechanical skills.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Able to interpret blueprints, drawings, and measurements to plan layouts.
- Responsible for welding small and large components.
- Able to use specialized machinery for industrial welding and oversee machines that perform the same job.
- Able to maintain and repair all machinery.
- Responsible for assessing welded surfaces, structures and components to identify errors.
- Able to follow and enforce strict safety measures.
- In charge of monitoring machinery for appropriate usage and temperature.
- Able to weld components in flat, vertical, and overhead positions.
- Willing to work overtime and Saturdays to meet customer deadlines.
- Able to work as a team.
Do to the nature of this position it is important that you show up on time and on a regular basis.
- Continuously look for ways to improve.
- Meet or exceed department and company goals.
- Perform other tasks as necessary.
- Perform all duties with courtesy, friendliness, and enthusiasm.
- When performing other duties do them with the same thoroughness that you perform your own regular job.
- Adhere to rules, regulations, and company policies, present and future that are published for employees.
- Prioritize your work and maintain high quality standards.
- Strive to accomplish department goals.
Shop environment: Involves up to 40+ hours per week. General working hours are 6:00am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday. These hours and days may change based on work load and special events/meetings.
Standing and walking on uneven surfaces 90% of the time;
Lifting up to 50 lbs. frequently while kneeling and bending up to 15 ft.
Lifting up to 75 lbs. occasionally while kneeling and bending.
Note: Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. Jobs are organic in nature and may change from time to time. Job descriptions are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.
WCIS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.