The basic function of the Machinist is to produce quality parts in an efficient, timely and safe manner, in order to complete customer orders.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, 4-5 years as a machinist preferred.
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest, and thorough.
- Excellent coordination and mechanical skills.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and safety.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in math.
- Basic computer skills.
- Quality-conscious with the ability to meet our productivity goals.
- Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks.
- Tool box with all appropriate machinist tools.
- Large Planer Mill experience a plus.
- Protrack Mill experience a plus.
- Fadal CNC experience a plus.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Responsible for machining parts accurately and quickly from engineered drawings,
- or verbal direction
- Operate conventional lathes and mills.
- Reviews drawings, instructions, blueprints or samples to ensure accurate production.
- Takes precise measurements for cutting or shaping.
- Selects appropriate machine and settings for a given task.
- Plans proper sequence of tasks to complete the assignment.
- Monitors production, adjusting feed and other settings as necessary.
- Maintains inventory of completed products.
- Checks output for quality assurance and documents or discards defects.
- Identifies need for and performs machine maintenance and minor repairs.
- Maintains a safe and clean workstation.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Able to work overtime and Saturdays (rarely Sundays) to meet customer deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned to insure the success of projects, individuals and the company.
Due to the nature of this position it is important that you show up on-time and on a regular basis.
- Continuously look for ways to improve.
- Meet or exceed department and company goals.
- Perform all duties with courtesy, friendliness, and enthusiasm.
- When performing other duties do them with the same thoroughness that you perform your own regular job.
- Adhere to rules, regulations, and company policies, present and future that are published for employees.
- Prioritize your work and maintain high quality standards.
Shop environment: Involves up to 40+ hours per week. General working hours are 6:00am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday. These hours and days may vary based on work load and special events/meetings.
Standing and walking on uneven surfaces 90 % of the time
Sitting 10 %
Lifting up to 50 lbs. frequently.
Lifting up to 70 lbs. occasionally.
WCIS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.