The basic function of the Fabricator is to manufacture parts & machinery in an efficient, quality, safe, and timely manner in order to complete customer orders.
- Minimum of one year of experience as a fabricator/fitter.
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest, and thorough.
- Quality conscious with the ability to meet our productivity goals.
- Eager to cooperate and work with others and have strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to change direction and multi-tasks.
- Ability to positively motivate coworkers and team members.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and ethics codes.
- Ability to read blueprints with minimal guidance.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to understand plumb, level, square, knowledge of basic geometry, and able use a calculator.
- Ability to run over-head crane and rigging.
- Tool box with all appropriate fabricator tools.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Weld, fabricate, layout and assemble parts and machinery accurately and quickly from engineered drawings or verbal direction.
- Operate carbon arc welder.
- Operate shear, press brake and rolls.
- Operate ironworker and saw.
- Operate forklifts.
- Experience with bearings, sprockets, belting and alignment.
- Maintain fabrication shop equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area on a daily basis.
- Meet project deadlines.
- Work as a team.
- Willing to work overtime and Saturdays to meet customer deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the success of projects, individuals, and the company.
Due to the nature of this position it is important that you show up on time and on a regular basis.
- Continuously look for ways to improve.
- Meet or exceed department and company goals.
- Perform other tasks as necessary.
- Perform all duties with courtesy, friendliness, and enthusiasm.
- When performing other duties do them with the same thoroughness that you perform your own regular job.
- Adhere to rules, regulations, and company policies, present and future that are published for employees.
- Prioritize your work and maintain high quality standards.
- Strive to accomplish department goals.
Shop environment: Involves up to 40+ hours per week. General working hours are 6:00am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Hours and days may vary based on work load and special events/meetings.
- Standing and walking on uneven surfaces 90% of the time.
- Sitting 10% of the time.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently while kneeling and bending.
- Lift up to 75 lbs. occasionally while kneeling and bending.
WCIS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.