The Field Laborer assists the Millwrights and crew in installation of machinery and equipment. This includes commercial building construction, site work, concrete, masonry, metals, wood and plastics, thermal and moisture protection, doors and windows, finishes, specialties, equipment, furnishings and special construction.
- One-year experience as a Construction Laborer; sawmill experience highly desired.
- Possess basic welding ability and knowledge.
- Ability to use cutting torch.
- Follow direction & asks questions.
- Perform tasks with moderate supervision.
- Possess basic math skills and ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to work safely in a construction environment.
- Ability to get Forklift certified.
- Ability to travel extended periods of stay, for project completion.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety and company policies and procedures.
- Receive and follow daily instructions and goals from site Lead/Supervisor.
- Maintain safe practices while always using proper PPE and safety devices.
- Perform in an efficient and timely manner.
- Produce quality work.
- Familiar with hand tools, power tools, and basic skills in math and reading a tape measure.
- Ability to perform manual labor such as grinding, digging, and move parts.
- Ability to cut parts to proper size and fit simple assemblies with torch.
- Prepare and maintain clean work area, free of trip hazards and any unsafe conditions.
- Able to work overtime with short notice.
- Perform repetitive motion and overhead work, and will need fine motor skills capability.
- Frequently bend, kneel, walk and crouch.
- Maneuver up and downstairs, ladders, and equipment at all elevations.
- Ability to perform work standing up or sitting down.
- See and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
WCIS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.