Installs machinery and equipment according to layout-plans, blueprints and other drawings in industrial establishment.
- At least two to three years’ experience in Wood Products Industry- sawmill experience high preferred.
- Wire-feed Welding is a required skill of WCIS construction millwrights.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Follow instructions and read blueprints.
- Look at flat drawings or pictures and visualize how they would look as solid objects.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Use logical step-by-step procedures in work.
- Plan work and solve problems.
- Make decisions based on measurable information.
- Perform a variety of duties that may change often; and operate machinery.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Dismantle machines using torches, hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools.
- Move machinery and equipment using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks.
- Assemble and installs equipment such as shafting, conveyors and tram rails using welders and other hand and power tools.
- Construct foundation for machines using hand tools and building materials such as wood, cement and steel.
- Align machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers and plumb bobs.
- Assemble machines and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
- Operate engine lathe to grind, file and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Select cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms with bolts and clamps.
- Attach load with grappling devices such as loops, wires, ropes and chain to crane hook.
- Set-up, brace, and rig hoisting equipment, using hand tools and power wrenches.
- Splice rope and wire cables to make or repair slings and tackle.
- Direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment.
- In addition may perform all duties of General Laborer, Skilled Laborer and Carpenter.
- Perform repetitive motion and overhead work, and will need fine motor skills capability.
- Frequently bend, kneel, walk and crouch.
- Maneuver up and downstairs, ladders, and equipment at all elevations.
- Ability to perform work standing up or sitting down.
- See and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
WCIS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.