The A/P position provides financial and clerical support, making payments to vendors, suppliers and other creditors, verifying and reconciling invoices and managing the general ledger to ensure proper cash flow. Additionally, this position maintains accurate financial, client and staff records, in addition to building relationships with their organizations' clients, lenders, shareholders, employees and vendors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an accounts payable role.
- Strong purchase order implementation experience.
- Project management skills and customer service initiative.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities within deadlines is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, detail oriented.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide timely and accurate processing of incoming A/P invoices and payment inquiries.
- Invoicing of high volume and full cycle accounts payable including 3-way PO matching.
- Routing invoices for approvals, coding and entering invoices, and processing payments.
- Ensure entered invoices and check requests have appropriate supporting documents, approvals, and account/department coding.
- Assist with month end, quarter end and year end close.
- Monthly variance analysis.
- Reconcile A/P to the G/L.
- Resolve purchase order, receipts, invoice, and payment discrepancies with vendors.
- Work effectively with other functions to resolve AP issues and support any inquiries.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Participate in wider departmental projects and initiatives as requested.
Professional office environment: Involves up to 40+ hours per week. General working hours are 8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. These hours and days may change based on workload.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time, up to 90%.
Must be able to be mobile on the premises, up to 10% of the time.
Must be able to work at a computer/video display terminal.
WCIS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.